Nursery – Aims
AIMS OF ARDUTHIE NURSERY
- To promote and support the welfare and all aspects of the development of its pupils
- To develop a partnership between home and school by welcoming parents into the nursery and by communicating regularly with them about their child’s progress
- To provide a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment for children indoors and outdoors
- To develop close working relationships with other agencies
- To ensure continuity for children and their parents from pre-school to the early stages of primary school
- To maintain an environment which will promote equality and help every child benefit from education. We will work with others to teach children respect and the duties and responsibilities of citizenship
- To develop withing each child positive attitudes: of respect for self, other people, other people’s needs and opinions, for property and the environment
We do not inherit the earth
From our Ancestors
We borrow it from our Children
Old Indian Proverb
NURSERY SCHOOL PROGRAMME
Each child is involved in a broad, balanced curriculum suited to their individual needs, interest and stage of development. At some activity areas they will work on their own, at others in a small group or larger group sometimes with an adult, sometimes without.
The children choose what they want to do and the adult supports their learning, ensuring that they have breadth and balance. By observing your child at free play and in group situations, we are able to plan and provide appropriate models of play for each child’s development. It is our intention to assess all pre-school age children in the nursery. We will use this information gathered from the assessment to review our curriculum so that it is targeted to the needs of our children.
Our priorities and programme for action are detailed in our School Development Plan. We follow ‘A Curriculum for Excellence’, the Early Level provides a framework for children’s learning in the pre-school years and Primary 1.
Health and Well-being
Religious and Moral Education
We offer children active learning experiences by:
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment in which children feel happy and secure.
- Providing opportunities to engage the children’s interest and imagination.
- Encouraging positive attitudes to self and others.
- Extending the children’s abilities to communicate their thoughts, feelings and ideas in a variety of ways.
- Encouraging children to reach their full potential.
During your child’s time spent at Arduthie Nursery we aim to provide them with rich and varied opportunities to develop into successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors. Children have a solid foundation, which is built on during the next stages of their education.
Our environment consists of several areas.
Each area offers a different variety of learning experiences for our children.
- Drawing and writing area
- Book corner and listening area
- Puzzles and find motor skills activities
- Building and small world play
- Number area
- Exploring and Investigating Area
- Sand and Water
- Creative Area for painting, modelling and woodwork
- Kitchen Area
- Music Room
- Role Play Area and dressing up
Information: Guidance for parents
If you would like any additional information about our Nursery then please do not hesitate to get in touch.