The support that parents provide to the school really is invaluable.
Parents may serve on the Parent Teacher Association and/or the Parent Council. For more information on these please select the relevant page.
Information about your child
- All parents are invited to meet with their child’s teacher on two occasions throughout the year for formal discussions and are welcome to request additional meetings at any time. Written reports are issued during the Summer Term.
- Any parent wishing to see a member of staff should contact the school office and a mutually convenient time will be arranged. Where children have homework diaries, these can also be used to correspond with their teacher.
- At various times throughout the session, parents may be invited to open days to see the work of a class or school.
How to help in school
- Parents are involved in the life of the school in many ways.
- Some parents volunteer to help with class activities such as craft work, accompanying class visits or sharing their skills and talents.
- Others help with extra-curricular activities e.g. football, netball, basketball, cycling proficiency.
- Parents are now required to have undergone clearance through Disclosure Scotland before helping in school.
- All parents help with their child’s education through continuing support for the school and in their partnership with the school in issues such as homework, positive behaviour management, school uniform and in our overall Personal and Social Development Programme.
Information: Guidance for parents
Please visit Education Scotland – Parent Zone by clicking on the icon below for more details.